Astroseminar 2018 – 5. The Universe in its entirety
8. May 2018 @ 15:30 - 17:00Public
+++ Unfortunately, the event is fully booked. No further registration. +++
Claus Kiefer, University of Cologne
8 May 2018
Does the Universe have a beginning or an end? Does it possess spatial limits? Is there one world, or many? This talk will seek to find answers to questions from the perspective of modern physics and astronomy. It will touch on a theoretical description of the general theory of relativity and quantum physics, as well as on observations acquired from experiments. On this trip through the Universe in its entirety, you will encounter exciting things like dark energy, dark matter, the Big Bang and the wave function of the Universe. The journey will take you from secure and established knowledge to the outer reaches of current research.
Professor Kiefer sat on the board of the German Physics Society (DPG; Deutsche Physikalische Gesellschaft) from 2012 to 2014. He has written a number of popular science books, including an introduction to quantum theory and gravitational physics, as well as a reference work on quantum gravitation.
- ATTENTION: The events will be held from 15:30–17:00 at the Air Force Conference Centre, Wahn Air Force Base
Information on entry times and parking on the barracks grounds will be published in good time on dlr.de/en.
- To register, please contact Petra Naoum (tel: +49 203 / 601-3896) or send an e-mail: Petra.Naoum@dlr.de
- For any questions on the topics of the Astroseminar, contact Manfred Gaida (tel: +49 228 / 447-417)
- For an overview of past seminars visit http://www.volkssternwarte-bonn.de/wordpress/archiv/