20. July 2023 - 22. July 2023Public
The Workshop on Current Challenges in Data Assimilation for Geospace Systems“ (GeoDAWG2023) is organized by the IAGA working group GeoDAWG.
This workshop will take place in a hybrid format on July 20-22, 2023 in Neustrelitz, Germany.
The GeoDaWG 2023 Workshop provides a broader platform to discuss challenges in data assimilation applications to Geospace systems and identify the common ground to tackle these challenges.
The workshop will focus on some key questions typically faced by the participants:
1. How to impose observational constraints by transferring information from observationally dense regions to sparse regions?
2. How to mitigate unphysical increments that cause dynamical imbalance in the model?
3. How to reduce the estimation problem dimension: benefits and limitations of reduced-state and parameter (driver) estimation?
4. What are good means for validation, verification and measuring improvement?
We encourage the participants to present their approaches and/or challenges in addressing these questions.
The expected outcome of the workshop includes a summary report on current challenges in data assimilation for geospace systems and the common ground to tackle these challenges and discussion on future plans for the GeoDAWG.
The official language of the event is English.